Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sunday night Lock-In!!

Remember when we were younger and would go to a church Lock-In on a Friday night? They were fun! Thomas had his first Lock-in today. Tonight after dinner we were headed to Target. My car was left in the circle drive from our Wal-Mart trip earlier in the day. James was putting Thomas in his car seat in the back. I was getting James' keys for him from out of my purse, then getting in the backseat with Thomas to put his shoes and socks on while we drive to Target. When I reached into my purse to get the keys, I accidentally hit the panic button on the key fob. Before I turned it off I accidentally hit the door lock button. It didn't even cross my mind that I had actually locked the doors to the car.
I placed James' keys in the drink holder between the two front seats, and left my purse with my keys in it in the front seat. I closed the front door to get into the back just as James closed the back door to get in the front. I went to the back door and it was locked. I rushed back to the front door, it too was locked. In a panic I yelled to James what had happened.
Thankfully his cell phone was in his pocket, so we called 911. We couldn't even get back into the house since my car wasn't in the garage. A few minutes later a fire truck turns onto our street. Within 10 minutes of our phone call the door was open!
I know you are wondering how Thomas acted being locked in the car, strapped into his car seat while James and I walked around outside! He was just fine. He never even really cried (thank goodness because I couldn't have handled that). I think he was a bit scared when all of the fire fighters (4 of them showed up!) were trying to get the door open. I have to admit that my immediate reaction was to panic, but I stayed calm by playing peek-a-boo with Thomas while we waited! James panicked a little at first too, but was calm after the immediate surprise of Thomas being locked in the car!
Thankfully there are no pictures of Thomas being locked in the car! I'll try to add a few recent pictures when I am back at the desktop!

5 comments:

Staci said...

YIKES!!! My car has issues with randomly locking...so I'm always afraid that Brody will get locked in there! Glad that the fire dept was so quick in responding to your call!!

P.S. I LOVE lock-ins!

Amy said...

How scary! Glad it turned out well though. I bet Thomas liked seeing the fire truck :)

Uncle Doug said...

WELL!!!!! I see how this is going. I am calling DHR tomorrow and i am bringing that baby to Uncle Doug's to where he will not be Locked in the car. I know the reason you locked him in the car was to play Hanky Panky with james don't be lieing. LMAO i am so funny. I am glad my man was a big boy and didn't get scared. But you can bet in his little mind he was saying. "Why are these idiots playing Peek A Boo with me sitting in the car. I am proud of you laura for not freaking out. When dad told me i was sure his next comment was Laura is in the hospital still getting oxygen! Love you guys.

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Eek, I bet that was scary! Great the fireman responded so promptly! Glad T took it like a champ!
Sapphire

Unknown said...

I'm just glad that Thomas didn't freak out!! Laura and James couldn't have handled that