This past weekend I was in Chicago. I left early Saturday morning to meet some friends I met through a pregnancy board 2 years ago! Over the years we have gotten to be very close friends. Its so great to go to them and ask them questions about things Thomas is doing, or will soon be doing. I didn't get to meet everyone, but hopefully I will over time!
Saturday we were very busy! Staci, Kim, Amy and I went to a coffee shop, out to eat at lunch, and then to the mall. We had a good time just hanging out and being silly! For dinner we went to Kims house for Chicago's famous pizza. It was so very yummy!!! I also gave them a taste of the South. Alabama was playing LSU that day. We watched the 2nd half of the game. I tried to be on my best behavior watching the game, and explained to them that just how Saturdays are in the South!! Kim's husband Steve said I could come over anytime to watch football!!
Sunday we went to downtown Chicago and shopped. We also met Sapphire and her little girl Karalee. We walked down by the lake, through some stores, and went out to lunch. Then we headed back to Kim's for dinner and then dropped me off at the airport. I came home late Sunday night.
We hope to make this an annual trip! I am already looking forward to next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you got to go! It was so fun hanging out in person!
The trip was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one!
Post a Comment